Monday, November 8, 2010

Nov. 8 week

Hey fellow bloggers!

I spoke with my grandmother yesterday, and she told me that she found a picture of her grandparents on her father's side with the last name "Hart." I'm going to try and pick it up sometime this week to show everyone. When I spoke to her she started talking more about her biological father, which she never had a relationship. Her father(last name "Bruce"), gave my grandmother and two of her siblings up for adoption when his wife(my grandmother's mom) passed away-my grandmother was only two. She was adopted by her aunt(her biological mother's sister) and Uncle. Her other two siblings were also given to relatives of her mother. My grandmother doesn't like to mention her biological dad, because of his abandoning the three out of four kids he had with his wife. He kept his oldest son, most likely because he was old enough to help him out with things. It's interesting and sad to hear personal memories like the one pertaining to her dad, because my grandmother has always been a trooper when it came down to fending for her children, and she's always been adamant your children come first, so I know it hits a sore spot when her father is mentioned. She was raised by a banker(uncle) and school teacher aunt(who she knows as mother), so she never went a day without dinner on the table, but I think she always wonders what would've happened if her mother didn't die.

Haylee

No comments:

Post a Comment